Monday, May 9, 2011

Template Challenge

My amazingly talented friend, Yari of Jady Day Studio, has been hosting a template challenge over the weekend in honor of {inter}National Scrapbooking Day. I love iNSD because of all the wonderful freebies and deals all over the internet that the digital scrapbooking world has to offer. And it gets me in the scrapping spirit, because I don't scrap much these days. I was hoping the template would make things faster, but each LO still took me at least three hours. And the last one, in honor of my mom, for Mother's Day, took me about 6 hours to do. Mainly because I almost had it done mostly using one kit (and not really feeling it), and then stumbling across the kit (A Mother's Story, which is a retired Jady Day Studio goody) seen in the last LO. I feel in love with this kit, and loved the flowers and botany spin, which was perfect for my mom, who loves to garden. The green leaves and such are actually from a new Jady Day Studio kit (in collaboration with Kay Miller), Park Play, which I am also in love with. It's the kit I used in the first LO. The second LO is made using Spring and Winter in Hooville.


1 comment:

dacjohns said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! It only took me two weeks to see my Mother's Day gift. Love it. Thank you so much. You did a great job. And I do love the kit.
Where did Abigail learn to make such a cheesy smile? She is so darn cute. Bryant too.